I do not think it is necessary to have rational grounding to believe in God. Despite the fact that it would make things a whole lot easier, I do not think that they should play an important role in deciding whether or not someone believes in God. The biggest issue with God is that those who all believe in him are basing their beliefs mainly on faith. Faith though, many say is not a logical reason for believing in God. What if we were to think of faith as some force that humans have not learned how to study yet, for example it could be force that has effect on the mental processing that tells us that there is some supreme being and that he is God. Because the existence of God is one of the main controversies that neither side can seem to formulate any rational grounding, that it is not important for someone to have rational grounding in order for them to believe in God.
Steven Lippman
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree Steven! I also feel that rational grounding is unecessary. Just because one does not have a rational grounding for belief in God does not mean that he does not exist. I think your idea of faith as a force that affects mental processing is intriguing and it definitely warrants more consideration!
ReplyDelete