Monday, March 22, 2010

Theoretical vs. Practical

I would rather have theoretical wisdom rather than practical wisdom. I believe having theoretical wisdom will enable me to make more correct decisions on a daily occurrence. Also, I will be able to win most debates since I will have facts to back up all of my arguments. I also think that if someone's theoretical wisdom is substantial enough that they would be able to take decent positions on practical wisdom questions. Of course anyone would like to have both types of wisdom, but if I had to choose between the two, I would surely pick theoretical wisdom. My main reasoning behind this is that I will be able to make the most informed decisions because I will be able to rely on facts, which will hopefully allow for the most success.

Steven Lippman

1 comment:

  1. I tend to agree with what you are saying Steven. To me the facts are very important as like you said they are undeniable. I also liked how you said that it is important to understand practical wisdom as well. It is because with understandings of both types of wisdom, you will truly be a wise person.

    ReplyDelete